Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The End of the Road

There is a karaoke bar in Tokyo called Fiesta's which I visited back in April. I remember the night well - lots of songs, a strange lady declaring I would be back in Japan someday soon.... How right she was! I would return in August in the same year, and when I left the second time I would be engaged! I also remember from this fateful night in April the most popular song was 'The End of the Road', by one of those boy bands whose name escapes me now. Well... it is the end of the road for the 2011 travelling experience from this traveler.
Tbilisi lit up with Christmas approaching
Thankyou kind reader for following me on my 2011 journeys. Perhaps I'll do a review in the next few weeks. Who knows. I say goodbye to my travelling and to Georgia. This country is special in its own way. The students are certainly full of life. The President is a huge celebrity and is rarely off the TV screen, the roads are variable, the transport unpredictable, there is poverty and wealth. I wasn't here for the tourism though, I was here for my amazing teaching experience.
I must make mention of the Georgian teachers at my school, doing a brilliant job for terribly low pay. Less than a hundred dollars a month is no wage to pay dedicated caring teachers, or indeed any teachers. It is an insult to one of the world's most vital professions. Charged with the duty of preparing children to enter adulthood ready and knowledgeable, competent and confident in themselves. I salute teachers all over the world. If only the work done by teachers was properly acknowledged universally.
Any suggestion that teachers are babysitters with a whole bunch of holidays is so ignorant to the truth it makes me rather mad... and this time I am talking about my own country.

Students at the concert at my village last week.
So I will sign off, the next time I post I will be, probably and all things being equal, in my own country of Australia. I would do myself a disservice though if I didn't point you all, once again, to the book I have digitally published. If you are interested in it and DON'T have a Kindle, Kindle for the PC is downloadable for free from Amazon. It represents a lot of work on my part, so please if it interests you do not hesitate - buy it now. It's the size of a novel and only just over five dollars.

The link to the book -
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MJ0RKM

Thankyou and goodnight, for now..............


No comments: