Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Return of the Blog

It is a dark, chilly night. The wind howls around the trees, through the open window of the house. A loud, crashing sound is heard as things fall from the tops of tables. The curtains are parallel to the floor.

Okay not really. but I am sitting inside as the wind and rain ravages Yokohama outside. I am back in Japan and back blogging again. Sorry, it's been so long but when you get married blogging is no longer a priority. A new life is beginning here in Japan for my wonderful wife and me.
We honeymooned in Surfer's Paradise, on the Gold Coast. We had some nice meals and were surprised by just how cold it was. Now I am in Japan and will be starting to teach English very soon. Compared to Georgia this is going to be a very different experience. I hope to get back to working on the book as well.
So, soon you can expect a post of Surfer's, and a bit of info about what I'm doing in Japan and places I visited and experiences I have.

I will be teaching in Iwate, a prefecture north of Tokyo and Sendai. One hit rather badly by the earthquake and tsunami of March last year. Already I was welcomed by an Earthquake last Tuesday. On Friday there were several tremors through the day. Just brief shakes of the apartment. But I'm here. It's all part of the advebture, right?

No comments: