Saturday, October 26, 2013

Introducing 'Short Journeys'

This weekend sees the launch of the 'Short Journeys' - a series of ebooks I am writing about different places I have been in the last few years. The very first one is out in the next 24 hours, and it is about the amazing Ethiopia. Here is the front cover design for you and some information about 'Short Journeys'.


'Short Journeys'


‘Short Journeys’ is a series of stories about my travels to different countries. Whilst they are not intended as a guide book, I have endeavoured to include information about where I stayed, what I ate, what I saw and how to go about it if you were to visit the countries in question. My previous writings – the ‘Dhaka to Dakar’ books, were simply travel experiences. This time I wanted to go a little further for the reader.
I wanted to include any stories and experiences I thought were interesting, important or amusing whilst I was travelling. I want to encourage you the reader to read, think about, and then perhaps go there yourself. You will find information on the places I stayed and visited, and how I got there and around. Occasionally I may write about a place I didn’t stay at if say I stayed with a friend to give readers an option. However, please don’t use these writings as a guide book!

The countries covered will in the main part not be the most touristed of places. Hence they may be less literature out there for these places than say Western Europe, but they are places I found very interesting, beautiful, perhaps challenging at times, but essentially worthwhile. Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself and head somewhere you may have never considered before. You won’t be sorry!

No comments: