Sunday, September 30, 2007

Continuing on...

Well it's the last day of September, leaving me with four days to go until I leave just after mignight on Thursday morning. I have come down with a bit of a flu so I'm not the best, and my computer died last Tuesday so that's why it's taken me so long to post again, which leaves my goal of chatting (briefly!) about each place before I jet off in jeopardy.
It seems the week before i go is often filled with pointless dramas, and just increases my trepidation needlessly. And then there's the predicatable plane crash that comes within the last 2-3 weeks. This time a budget airline in Thailand hit the tarmac in a poor way, and few survived. Not something I want to think of really... and yet I do! I must think of better things...

Surely one of the highlights of the trip will be a place i've been to a couple of times before - London. Not a location where I will be doing much siteseeing this time around, instead hopefully it will be a good chance to catch up with friends and have a drink or two.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldguide/destinations/europe/england/london

There's a little link for all those keen readers who have never heard of London, Big Ben, the Bridge, Buckingham Palace....
The Globe Theatre and Stratford - Upon - Avon are (one) sidetrip I hope to make this time around. Somehow always missed them previously. SO today I am going to start packing, although I think I have most of the things I need so it's not all that last minute.
Next post I will prepare you for my big return... to WEST AFRICA.

No comments: