Friday, April 04, 2014

Astounding Uzbekistan and a Video Date with Andy




As followers of this blog will know, I am darned keen on travel. I love to write as well, but also, I love to make short films and the like.
Along with my (blush) Doctor Who fanfiction stuff, I also have a channel called 'The Greater World' on youtube which has 13 travel videos on it at the moment. The latest travel video I created put together nearly 2 hours of footage I took in 2011 when I was in Uzbekistan.
I had a serious overland trip from Bishkek to Tashkent in one day, which took me through Kazakhstan and I wanted to capture that experience in my video. From different marshrutka to different marshrutka travel in Central Asia can be fun, and it is always an adventure. Join me as I visit the ancient Silk Road cities of Bukhara and Samarkand and see some of the world's most amazing Islamic architecture. This is a really interesting video... I hope!

For more information on Uzbekistan my Short journeys: Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan is full of stories and facts! Not to mention, travel tips and photos!


Yesterday I completed a short introductory video about my self published books. I've been doing some research on how to get more sales, and one advice people gave on forums and articles and the like was to have a short video speaking about your writings. So I thought I would give it a go. I recorded a couple of days ago, but was unhappy so I did it all again. I'm not really sure how useful it will be. I've put it on my youtube channel and added it to my author pages on Lulu and Amazon. Please take a gander!




Today I am heading into Yokohama to sample the Cup Noodle Museum, and might be seeing some cherry blossoms in the evening if the weather holds out for me, so stay tuned for that blog... tomorrow!

No comments: