Monday, October 26, 2009

Addis Ababa

Phew! Photos loaded! That was difficult! Well... slow.
I am in Addis Ababa, the capital of the African country of Ethiopia. Finally here and something different. I found the city to be quite laid back and cool - low twenties as far as the temperature goes. I spent the day doing a bit of a walking tour around the place where I visited the National Musuem and saw the following skeletal structure - that of Lucy, the oldest living direct ancestor to us humans. She's 3.2 million years old folks. Happy Birthday Lucy! Below here are a couple of street views of the capital. It's a bit hilly, has some interesting buildings and a friendly laid back vibe. My hotel seems to be a bit of an instution as is the restaurant attached. Tomorrow though it's up at five am to catch a flight north to Lalibela. What will the internet be there? We shall see...





No comments: